July 17, 2012
Fujitsu Introduces ARROWS Z ISW13F Smartphone for au
High-spec, all-in-one smartphone featuring water-resistant technology and a quad-core CPU for extraordinary speed
Tokyo, July 17, 2012 — Fujitsu today announced that the new ARROWS Z ISW13F smartphone from Fujitsu Mobile Communications will be available in Japan beginning July 20 from KDDI Corporation and Okinawa Cellular Telephone Company.
Boasting unparalleled performance, ARROWS Z ISW13F is a high-spec smartphone featuring a quad-core CPU. As the flagship model of Fujitsu's summer smartphone lineup, the "all-in-one" ISW13F brings together a wide range of high-spec features, including high-speed WiMAX communications, an updated version of Fujitsu's Human Centric Engine, and a 13.1 megapixel camera—among the top of its class of smartphones.
The smartphone market has been growing considerably in recent years, and data volumes are increasing for all kinds of services and content, such as videos, mapping applications, and high-definition games. In response to rising expectations for high-performance smartphones that can effortlessly take advantage of these advanced services, Fujitsu has developed ARROWS Z ISW13F, a high-spec smartphone featuring a quad-core CPU.
By combining the advanced processing performance of an NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core CPU with high-speed WiMAX communications, ISW13F enables users to enjoy a speedy, stress-free viewing experience for all kinds of content.
The new smartphone also includes a dedicated LSI chip containing Fujitsu's proprietary Human Centric Engine technology, which delivers optimal usability through cutting-edge sensing technology. By constantly "learning" from the user and the surrounding environment, the Human Centric Engine enables an easy-to-use smartphone experience that is centered on the user.
Moreover, ISW13F is the first smartphone from au to be equipped with an updated version of Fujitsu's proprietary fingerprint sensor technology. The new smart fingerprint sensor—which includes a switch that can turn the screen on and off—makes it possible to handle the phone's security features, such as releasing the security lock after turning the screen on, without having to input a password or pattern.
This "all-in-one" smartphone incorporates many other convenient features, including a 4.6" large-screen HD LCD, a high-performance 13.1 megapixel camera capable of recording Full Hi-Vision movies, water- (IPX5/8) and dust-resistant (IP5X)(1) technology, 1seg broadcast reception, Osaifu-Keitai®, infrared communications, and Wi-Fi tethering. ARROWS Z ISW13F is available in two colors: Glossy Red and Cool Black.
au Smartphone ARROWS Z ISW11F
1. Features an NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core CPU and high-speed WiMAX communications
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core CPU
In addition to the four CPUs that combine for an unparalleled speed of 1.5GHz(2), the next-generation NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 mobile processor is also equipped with a fifth core that enables low power consumption. Furthermore, the new handset incorporates a 12-core NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics processing unit (GPU), allowing users to fully enjoy breathtaking graphics on the device's 4.6-inch high-definition LCD, which supports a full spectrum of 16.77 million colors.
- Powered by high-speed WiMAX communications
ISW13F runs on the high-speed WiMAX network, which delivers downstream speeds of up to 40Mbps and upstream speeds of up to 15.4Mbps(3). This enables users to download data-intensive content and enjoy browsing the web at breathtaking speeds.
2. Smart fingerprint sensor and latest version of Fujitsu's Human Centric Engine
- Smart fingerprint sensor
ISW13F is the first smartphone from au to feature Fujitsu's proprietary fingerprint sensor, which has recently undergone a number of updates. The new sensor contains a switch that can turn on and off the phone's screen, making the process of releasing the phone's security lock easier than ever.
- Updated Human Centric Engine
Based on the smartphone's orientation and motion, the handset can automatically determine whether or not it is being held in the user's hand. This, in turn, ensures that the screen will not turn off while the user is reading a website or e-mail, even after an extended period of time. In addition, with the handset's auto rotation feature, even if the user is lying down and unintentionally tilts the phone, the screen orientation can be returned to its original state by simply shaking the handset two or more times. These and other enhancements in the new version of Fujitsu's proprietary Human Centric Engine enable a far easier-to-use smartphone experience.
In line with previous models, the new smartphone is also equipped with a number of unique audio technologies, including "Super HAKKIRI VOICE (super-clear voice) 3," which makes the other caller's voice easier to hear, even in a crowded environment, and "Super-Double Microphone," which suppresses background noise to ensure that the caller's voice is transmitted clearly.
3. Full range of high-spec capabilities, including a 13.1 megapixel camera and DLNA connectivity
- High-performance 13.1 megapixel camera
In addition to being equipped with a 13.1 megapixel camera that employs an Exmor® R for mobile back-illuminated CMOS sensor and the high-resolution Milbeaut® Mobile image processing engine, ISW13F's ISO 25600-equivalent high sensitivity enables bright photographs to be captured even in dark places. The handset also comes with a diversity of photography features, such as chrome key mode, "art camera" mode—which allows users to capture novel photographs—and automatic scene recognition that also supports QR code scanning.
4. Convenience-oriented features
ISW13F comes loaded with a host of standard features, such as Fujitsu Mobile Integrated Dictionary +, a full-featured electronic dictionary that provides access to a total of 29 different dictionaries, including Kojien, English-Japanese Dictionary for the General Reader, Katei Igakukan, and dictionaries for three different foreign languages. Other features include water- (IPX5/8) and dust-resistant (IP5X) technology, 1seg broadcast reception, Osaifu-Keitai®, and infrared communications.
Compatibility with Key Services
E-mail (@ezweb.ne.jp), SMS (C-mail), Decoration Mail, emergency earthquake alerts, WIN HIGH SPEED(4), Bluetooth®, FM transmitter, and GLOBAL PASSPORT
Size: 67 × 135 × 10.6 mm (Up to approximately 11.1 mm at thinnest point)
Weight: 143 g
Continuous Standby Time: Up to approximately 450 hours
Continuous Talk Time: Up to approximately 470 minutes
Main Display: 4.6-inch TFT LCD, HD (1280 × 720), 16.77 million colors
Camera (main/sub): 13.1 megapixel CMOS / 1.3 megapixel CMOS
Colors: Glossy Red, Cool Black
Glossary and Notes
- 1 IPX5/8 water resistance and IP5X dust resistance:
- [Water resistance] IPX5: Please ensure that the cap and battery covers are firmly closed, and that the lock is set. Users should refrain from immersion in seawater, pool water, and hot spring water. The IPX5 designation indicates that the mobile phone can normally function after being sprayed with water from a nozzle with a diameter of 6.3 mm at a rate of 12.5 liters per minute from a distance of approximately 3m for a period of at least 3 minutes.
IPX8: IPX8 designation indicates that the smartphone normally functions after being immersed in room-temperature tap water to a depth of 1.5 m for 30 minutes.
[Dust resistance] IP5X: The IP5X rating indicates, as a degree of protection, that the mobile phone can be left in an environment with dust particles with a diameter of 75 µm and still function and remain safe to use. Please do not leave the device on the sand.
- 2 1.5 GHz:
- Maximum possible speed. Actual speeds will vary depending on usage conditions.
- 3 Downstream speeds of up to 40Mbps and upstream speeds of up to 15.4Mbps:
- In WIN HIGH SPEED au service areas outside of WiMAX areas, the phone will employ CDMA communications capable of maximum 9.2Mbps downlink (5.5Mbps uplink) speeds. The service employs the best-effort delivery method. Listed speeds are the maximum speeds attainable using the technical standard and do not reflect actual usage speeds. Speeds may significantly decrease depending on the communications environment, network traffic, and other factors. When using the phone in a WiMAX area, separate monthly usage fees and market charges apply. For further details, please visit au's homepage.
- 4 WIN HIGH SPEED:
- Applicable in areas that support maximum 9.2Mbps downlink (5.5Mbps uplink) speeds. The service employs the best-effort delivery method. Listed speeds are the maximum speeds attainable using the technical standard and do not reflect actual usage speeds. Speeds may significantly decrease depending on the communications environment, network traffic, and other factors. For a list of supported areas, please check au's homepage.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
Public and Investor Relations Division
WiMAX is a registered trademark of the WiMAX Forum
NVIDIA is a trademark or registered trademark of NVIDIA Corporation in the US and other countries
Human Centric and Human Centric Engine are trademarks of Fujitsu Limited
Exmor R for mobile is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation
Milbeaut is a registered trademark of Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited
DLNA is a registered trademark of Digital Living Network Alliance
Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance
All company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Top of Page